The excitement of harvest and the changing colors on the trees, make fall one of the best opportunities to discover, or re-discover, the natural beauty of our appellation. With so many activities going on at once, it’s no surprise that Traverse City, our peninsula, and our tasting rooms, can become quite busy at times. To make the most of a fall visit, we recommend observing the following guidelines:
- Be patient and prepared for brief wait times for tastings.
- Be courteous to tasting room staff and other patrons.
- Call ahead– for large groups, calling ahead makes it easier for wineries to accommodate and be prepared.
- Dress appropriately- it’s not uncommon for temperatures to drop into the low 40s. Hats, mittens, and light outwear are recommended so that you can still enjoy the outdoor views. (Old Mission Peninsula Wine Trail apparel is encouraged!)
- Arrange transportation– parking is also limited at our wineries and securing a transportation provider that can drop your group off at the door eliminates the need to search for parking.
- Remember to have fun and that the wait is worth it!
Harvest brings about a certain amount of creativity in the tasting rooms and during your fall visit be sure to try the following new releases and special sippers!
- 2 Lads: New Release- 2017 Cabernet Franc Merlot
- Black Star Farms: 20% off Pear Wine
- Brys Estate: Spiced Apple Cider (available in the tasting room)
- Bowers Harbor Vineyards: Donut Hole Spiced Cider (available in the tasting room)
- Chateau Chantal: Mulled Naughty Apple Cider (available in the tasting room)
- Chateau Grand Traverse: Warm Spiced Cherry Cider (available in the tasting room)
- Hawthorne Vineyards: 10% discount on six bottles or more
- Mari Vineyards: New Release-2017 Merlot
- Tabone Vineyards: Hot Mulled Wine (available in the tasting room)
- Peninsula Cellars: New Release- Sweet Gewurtztraminer