- What does the ticket price include?
The ticket price includes event admission for one person, a souvenir event glass, a featured food pairing from a local restaurant paired with an ounce and a half of wine at each of our ten participating wineries (a total of 15oz of wine).
- When do tickets go on sale?
Tickets for each event go on sale 60 days prior to the event and can be purchased at www.ompwinetrail.com/events
- When does the event start?
All events run from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Since these are self-guided events, you can start anytime in that window on the day of the event. These events are highly popular and wait times for food pairings and wine pours can vary, so we do recommend an early start if you intend on visiting all 10 of our wineries.
- Do you provide transportation?
No transportation is provided by the Old Mission Peninsula Wine Trail. You are responsible for arranging your own transportation between wineries but we do offer designated driver tickets which include all food pairings but no wine. For a list of transportation companies in Traverse City, please visit www.traversecity.com/plan/
- My plans have changed and I can no longer attend, can I get a refund?
All Old Mission Peninsula Wine Trail event tickets are non-refundable and cannot be used at another event. If your plans change and you cannot attend, you may re-sell or transfer your ticket to another person (attendee must be 21 or older except for designated driver tickets). We strongly encourage anyone purchasing a resold ticket to verify its authenticity before buying by emailing [email protected].
- What happens if there is a storm on the day of the event?
The Old Mission Peninsula Wine Trail reserves the right to cancel any ticketed event. Ticket holders will be notified no later than 8:00am on the day of the scheduled event via e-mail address provided at the time of purchase. Notifications will also be posted via social media and www.ompwinetrail.com. In the unlikely event of a cancellation, the Old Mission Peninsula Wine Trail will refund ticket prices in full less processing fees. Individual wineries reserve the right to remain open for normal business hours at their own discretion. While cancellations are unlikely, please use good judgment in inclement weather when traveling.
- Can I bring my children or a minor? Although all trail events are wine-focused and geared towards adults, minors can attend if a designated driver ticket is purchased for them. Please note that while designated driver tickets include food pairings and a non-alcoholic drink at each location, they do not include a souvenir event glass.
- I’m not starting at the same winery as the rest of my group, can I change my ticket?
In this instance, there is no need to change your ticket; simply arrive at the location where your group is starting. You will be checked in and given a temporary glass to use. Once you arrive at your particular starting location you may turn in your temporary glass for the event glass.